Thursday, October 11, 2007

Baseball and Family

From the time I was young baseball has been on T.V. My most vivid memory of visiting my grandfather in Oklahoma was the baseball game that was ALWAYS on. He passed his love of baseball on to my mom. I was the only one of 3 kids who enjoyed baseball. I went to the AAA team game in Tulsa and loved it. As time went on, I thought my daughter would love baseball. My mom babysat while I worked and bought my baby girl baseball clothes and they would watch baseball together while I was at work. It never quite took with her and that's sad.

Mom knows everything about baseball. It took me two years to understand a balk before I could see it and recognize it. She is so cute when she gets into her sports. You learn alot watching any sports with my mom. I think the last thing i learned was "What the sam frappin hell is going on with ........ (feel free to fill in the player,team, or mascot of your choice)

Once upon a time there was a baseball players strike and she and I moved on and found other things. We never didn't watch, just not as much. I can't watch the series anymore without remembering that year when the earthquake struck the bay area. It was devastating.

But enough with the walk down memory lane. Here we sit tonight, I am watching Colorado and Arizona in Game 1 of the NLCS and I am remembering the family I have who adore the game of baseball. My mom will re-hash the game tomorrow and talk trash about how we would have done it. Those are the good times.