Friday, October 5, 2007

Fall is coming!!!!

I have definite love/hate feelings when it comes to fall. It is cooler and I like that. The leaves are beautiful and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.

In the fall, the outdoors smells from the people who have wood burning fireplaces and I love it. The trees are beautiful and best of all, KIDS are back in school. So all of you parents celebrate the moments you have while they are at school.

However, there are other things looming during the fall. They are so disgusting I cringe when I mention them. In October, there is an abundance of spiders, bees, moths, and other such creatures. In the car today, my boss almost wrecked her car when a moth flew in the window and hit her in the head in a cloud of moth dust. (I must confess, I almost peed my pants laughing so hard) I tried to get it out and when I touched it I screamed too. It is a miracle the two of us were able to stop the car at a light.

All of you lovers of life will say that they serve a purpose and perhaps that is so. However, they are not endangered and should be dealt with swiftly. In my line of work I have seen creatures stuck in peoples ears, or laying eggs on an open wound. They can stay in the outside for all I care, but now they are coming in my car. And we can't have that.

The spiders here are those wolf spiders and those bastards chase you. I am ashamed to say that I have to call someone to kill them if and when I see one. This year just once can I get into my shower without having to jump out naked and screaming because I saw a spider in there? I am going to end up one of those bathroom accident death statistics we read about when I slip and fall in my madness. Trust me, the last thing the hot ass firefighter will want to see is me sprawled on the floor naked screaming in the fetal position.

There has been a spider sighting at my work last week. I am safe no where. Today there was a ladybug in my office. It is a conspiracy. The one bug I would have just carried outside without freaking out about was killed by my cold hearted co-worker.

As usual, I have no solution to the bug population. I just wanted to make the statement THAT I HATE BUGS AND ARACHNIDS.