Every year at church in honor of St. Francis of Assisi the Priest performs the blessing of the animals. Tomorrow I am taking my sweet angel Benji to be blessed. My family seems to think some divine intervention is needed given the fact that Benji has eaten a whole couch in the past, they think he is beyond hope, but I know better.
Benji the Boxer is not beyond hope, they just don't appreciate him the way that I do, but they all say I am completely nuts so it doesn't matter. I want to talk about Benji. He loves everyone. He has managed to stick his tongue in everyone's mouth that he meets. This includes my mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, niece, brother in law, the vet, and various ex-in laws. No one has died yet, yes it is disgusting, and yes it is disturbing, but he only does it because he loves us so much. I hope he doesn't tongue the Priest tomorrow though, that might be a little much.