Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Mama

There are things about my mom that you have to know. My mom makes chili. There are always pies in moms freezer. She loves the Harlequin romances. And she likes her TV shows. Which brings me to the point.

My mom's shows are "Murder She Wrote", "Matlock", "Perry Mason", and other old school crime shows of this sort. Mom also loves "Big Brother" and "Deal or No Deal".

Mom recently discovered that she has the Game Show Network. My mom can be found when ever her other shows are not on, watching the Game Show Network. It is really quite cute and I will always remember her watching her game shows. The other day, I came in the room to her watching that one with the Wammys that come up. I also heard her mumbling something about "that dumb blonde bimbo"

Oh yeah, Blondes suck where mom is concerned. They are all bimbos. What does that say about me? I colored my hair darker and she tells me she likes it better blonde. Blonde men are handsome but blonde women are "dumb bimbos".

Mom has very definite ideas about technology. She constantly talks about those computers that she thinks are the work of the devil. She will not pay her bills on line. She does not email. This is actually quite normal for many of her generation.

Mom's saying that I have picked up is "what the sam frappin hell..."

However, one must never underestimate the ability of my mom to manipulate memories to serve her own purpose. Specifically, to this day, she swears that my sister and I caused her to hit another car in the 7-11 parking lot. We did not do anything. She swears to this day, we were fighting in the backseat and she was distracted by us.

Oh well she is a cute little short shit that is always entertaining.