A couple of my family members think my dog is a brat. They tell me they can't stand him. ( I know they lie ) My Benji is special. He is smart, fun, and loving. Yes, he does the annoying tongue thing where he tries to lick you.
But today, Benji had to go to the doctor for the second time in a week. He started limping last week and we went to see his Vet. He loves those women in the Vet office. Well, his limp has not resolved itself and we had to go back today for x-rays.
It looks like he has ruptured a ligament in his knee. We will be seeing the Orthopedic Vet next. ( I frippin knew I should have bought doggie health insurance ) Anyway, if he has indeed ruptured his ligament, he will have to have surgery. The surgery is $3000. I will of course get this done. I will charge it and not look back.
My dog is a family member. No, I don't believe he is human. But, I remember all of the times he has protected me from the mail man, garbage man, and pizza delivery guy. He would tear off someone's face if he felt we were threatened. How can I not take care of him? He is a young active boxer with many years ahead of him. I have to do this for him.
There are people who would not do this. But okay, I understand. It is a huge expense that we can't all afford. I am grateful that I have enough credit to get it done. It sucks financially. I mean it reallllly sucks. But what can I do? For now, I just hope he has a strain and not a tear. But knowing what I know, it probably isn't.
Any prayers for Benji's recovery are welcome and appreciated. Yes, I believe in God, I believe that heaven is perfect and I believe that God cares about our loyal companions.