I hate spiders. hate them, hate them hate them. Then one day, while talking to a co-worker, I had an epiphany. Well, close enough anyway. A cat especially a kitten would chase down spiders. It's archetypal, cats have been used by man to from early days to keep the cave clean of vermin and dogs formed the bond with man to guard the cave. What could be more perfect? I have the dog and the peeping tom who looked in my window 3 months ago took off running. So wouldn't a cat protect the home from spiders? Yes, I think so.
What I did not plan on was living with a cat again. He walked in like he owned the joint. He bites and to date has not killed one damn spider. He tries to nurse from the dog, and no...not from a nipple. (yes it is exactly what you are thinking) I came home to the boyfriend telling me our cat is gay. He screeches for food as if to say, "stoopid hoomans should know it's chow time."
He is adorable though. And to his credit he has caught 2 flys and a moth. He is only 4 months old. SO I guess he needs a little time to grow.
What a funny little animal he is and now the old dog runs around the house rolling the cat around. Is pretty hilarious to watch.
I must admit I am more of a dog person. They worship you. The cat demands to be worshiped. I guess it took me no time to forget how cats operate. He adores the boyfriend (traitor) and bites me.
The dog has been demoralized. He wakes up to find a kitten sleeping with him stealing his body heat. That's if he is lucky and the cat does not want to try to nurse.
Worst offense: The cat wants to get into one of my purses. He clawed at it and tried to crawl in and scratched on my coach wallet. HMMM will have to think on that. I am not so shallow to actually be mad about it, but it was not his best moment when he got shot with a water gun.
But he is sooo darn cute. He's funny and grouchy, hence his name Oscar. Gosh, I love kitty nap time. He is so sweet and such a baby that you have to love him even though he wakes up and attacks you. Guess I will just have to live with it. He does after all show promise of making my house spider free.