Quotes from the Supreme Leader from an AP article.
Obama was being interviewed by a Hispanic radio host and responded to questions regarding him asking for the Latino vote in the coming election. His answers are below.
"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,' if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder."
"Now the Republicans are saying that I'm calling them enemies," Obama said. "What I'm saying is you're an opponent of this particular provision, comprehensive immigration reform, which is something very different."
Um can we say division? How is it healthy to set up a them versus those mentality. Our great nation needs healing not more division. Scare tactics are all I have seen during this ugly election.
Here is my own view:
Regardless of where you stand on the issue of immigration, is it the job of the president to declare a large population of his citizens enemies? Frankly I am shocked by the Presidents words and his audacity. Is this the "audacity of hope" we have heard about? I think not. I think the job has gone to his head. I thought he said he would reach across the aisle. When exactly is he planning on doing that???
Typical political hogwash. Yet again a politician says "Oops I said it but I really meant....." When does it end? When are the American people going to rise up and demand our President, Senators, Congressmen and every other elected official do their job. No more, no less. Just do the job, vote according to your constituents wants, live within your budget, the rest of us do, and for god sakes STOP WITH THE POSTURING AND END THE PISSING CONTEST.
So you don't think like the Supreme Leader, well be prepared to be punished. America, please make the first step into taking back our country. Someday, you may be the "enemy" who needs to be punished for not blindly accepting the word of one I believe to be an unrighteous man.